I sincerely hope my small business succeed in online marketing.
But, what kind of strategies should I use to achieve success in it?
Perhaps, such questions often echoed in your head as a business owner, especially for small business owners.
To achieve success in online marketing, the strategies are not having much difference with traditional marketing strategies. All marketing strategies have the same goals, which is to get more customers and increase the brand power.
The most important aspect of a brand is the emotional connection between the company and it’s consumers.
Online marketing has broad market strength. Therefore, the marketing strategies that used are also slightly different as well.
In this article, I tried to explain 5 basic strategies that work for you to get more customers and traffic online. The strategies that may be used for any type of online business.
So, let’s get started..
1. Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing is the first strategy that you can use as your first step to success. Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is a technique of marketing efforts that aim to improve visibility of your website in search engines.
There are two components in SEM; SEO and PSA (Paid Search Advertising). Well, I’ll make it simple, you try to get more traffic for free with SEO while PSA requires you to pay for the same purpose.
Tips in performing Search Engine Marketing
- Set your goals >> Setting your goals is important. Well, I think, you have a clear goal with SEM. Yes, you want to get a lot of traffic from search engines, right? And, it seems I don’t need to explain about this 🙂
- Optimize your website >> Do whatever it takes to optimize your site. Optimize your internal links, content, website design, authorship, website speed, including the title and description and optimize your images as well. For your reference, you can use these on-page SEO techniques to get better results.
- All good things takes time >> If you’ve done some changes on your website related to SEO, then do not expect the results will come overnight. The expected outcome of these changes will not be seen as soon as you cook an instant noodle. However, the search engines will consider it for sure. So, be patient and keep monitoring your website.
2. Mobile Marketing
The next online marketing strategy is mobile marketing. As well as with search engine marketing, mobile marketing also has a very important role for small business.
It can’t be helped because many users are using mobile to go online. If you want to grab mobile users as your customers as well, then run a mobile marketing is the best option for you.
Mobile marketing is a must for every business.
It’s not an option.
Tips in performing Mobile Marketing
The first thing you should do related to mobile marketing is to make sure that your website visitors will get the best experience when visiting your website, even if they only use their mobile devices. Yes, you have to use responsive theme.
All becomes easy if you are a WordPress user, you can use some free WordPress plugins to make your website mobile friendly.
3. Content Marketing
You build a good foundation with search engine marketing and have a media that can satisfy all of your users needs with mobile marketing. Now, we’ll go to the heart of online marketing. Yes, it’s content marketing.
Content marketing is a marketing technique that makes content as part of your marketing process. Content is what creates social media shares, loyal visitors and the most important of all is sales.
The goal you want to achieve with content marketing is to get the reader’s attention by creating good and quality content, as well as make the readers become your customers.
Make the content as a tool to persuade your readers to execute calls to action process in your website (follow on social media, register to a newsletter, etc..)
Tips in performing Content Marketing
- Publish your best content >> The things that you should think before you post a piece of content is to make sure that this content will be beneficial and useful for your customers and readers. Determine what types of content that is most suitable for you and then give benefits to your readers.
- Quality is better than quantity >> There used to be a time when the number of posts is very influential on the search engines, but now it’s not valid anymore. Currently, publishing some good content is much better than publishing a lot of junk content.
However, if you could publish a lot of good content; that’s the ideal form of content marketing.
4. Social Media Marketing
Well, good content will not be any good if just only yourself who see the content, you must spread it in order to get the attention of your customers and readers. Yeah, spread it by using social media marketing.
There are two goals using social media marketing. First, gain your brand and content visibility as much as possible. Second, get visitors as many as possible from social networks; visitors who have high chances become your customers. In other words, it’s targeted visitors.
Tips in performing Social Media Marketing
- Build a good presence with major social media sites >> Try to be active in the major social media sites (Google+, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. ..). If you are less active, how visitors will be aware of your presence, right?
So, what should I do with these major social media sites?
Twitter can indeed help small business owners to achieve success in their business. Find the tips in the 5 tips using twitter to grow your business.
Google+ has a strong presence because it was created by Google. You should take advantage from this fact.
Facebook is a social network with great users. If you ask any person, I’m sure everyone has their own Facebook account. And this is the opportunity for your business. Specify your Facebook marketing goals and try to achieve it as hard as you can.
Pinterest has its own strength with emphasis on the existing images on your site. It would be very convenient for businesses that have good products and can be promoted visually. So, try to make your website Pinterest friendly immediately.
5. Local SEO Strategy
If you run a small business, then you should run a local SEO strategy as well. Unlike online businesses that usually without having a physical address, a small business has a physical address.
Therefore, your business must be optimized in your area to get more local customers.
The only goal you have with a local SEO strategy is to get the highest search ranking in your area. It will be very useful when people search using long tail keywords along with the location, such as “top selling gadget in England.”
Recommended Reading >> 6 Best Places To Advertise Your Small Business Online
Additional Strategies For Small Business Owners
If you apply 5 online marketing strategies that I have just described, your small business will be able to get amazing results for sure.
However, you can use these several outside of the box strategies to get more traffic to your small business website. Here they are:
- Use direct advertising >> Find websites or blogs related to your small business websites and they offer advertising to other websites. Contact the webmaster directly and ask for their prices to advertise there. The cost will be less than PPC and you will get targeted visitors which you dreamed about.
- Use guest post >> One thing you must remember, the purpose of this guest post is to get traffic, not for links. So, make sure you guest post on high traffic websites. With this, your online reputation will be better.
That’s it! 5 online marketing strategies plus some additional strategies that will bring success to your business for sure. Every business can achieve success by applying proven strategies and techniques.
When you create your business website, first make sure the search engine optimization of your website is right.
Then, in order to get more traffic from various sources, make your website theme responsive to mobile devices.
Once you have it, use the proper content strategies and make sure you have good and quality content.
Last but not least, let the world know your content by spread it through social media sites.
So, what’s your online marketing strategy have you used?
You May Also Enjoy These Popular Posts...
Keep Learning to Become Professional Blogger. Join me on my Blogging Journey. Follow Instagram | @NandaRahmanius